Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 187 Gloucester, VA

Today is Thursday, September 29th and we're excited about leaving Saturday morning for New York City and on to Ireland.  We'll be gone for two weeks and Mike has prepared a nice itinerary for us.

We rented a car on Saturday morning and once again it rained all week-end.  We left Sunday afternoon for Morehead City, NC for the doctors appointment on Monday morning.  It was a long drive - 5 1/2 hours each way.  I had the injection but don't think it's helping much so when I get back from Ireland, I'm going to see about having the series of 3 injections of something called euflexa and if that doesn't work, I'm facing the knee replacement.  I'm thinking about trying to get a local doctor for those injections.

As I mentioned before, we're planning on spending the winter months here in Virginia and I hear they get snow.  Most boating people head south for the winter to warmer weather but we've had hot weather since leaving Texas in March and are actually looking forward to cold weather.  There aren't many live aboards here in this marina so it'll be very quiet all winter.  I think having my car up here will really help. 

See you in two weeks......

No comments:

Post a Comment