Thursday, April 5, 2012

Year 2 Day 10 - Gloucester Point, VA

Well, I must admit I've been quite depressed because the diagnosis on the engine is that there's a crack in the block - unknown cause - which has resulted in a catastrophic failure of the engine.  The solution calls for the engine to be removed and a reconditioned Cummins engine to be installed.  Because of the difficulty of all this, the boat may have to be towed to Norfolk to a marina which can accomplish all this.  We're still waiting word on exactly how this is all going to come about.  I've been in a state of disbelief all day.  We were on our way home from church earlier and I heard on the radio that the two happiest days in a man's life are (1) the day he buys his boat and (2) the day he sells it!!!!!  Everything is up in the air right now.

On a lighter note, we've been talking with Marshall our grandson who has returned to the states from Okinawa.  He's in San Antonio visiting with his mom this week and looking at cars.  He sounds great and I can't wait to see him.

More about the boat later.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your engine. We are in Great Bridge, VA...doing a little work on the boat and waiting for some friends to arrive from Charleston. I hope you're able to replace your engine without too much trouble. Hopefully we will see you along the way this summer. I'm looking forward to a little warmer weather. I miss being in Texas this time of year.

    ReplyDelete