Monday, April 2, 2012

Year 2, Day 7 - Gloucester Point, VA

After hearing back from the boatyard that the oil cooler was fine, they recommended we contact a Cummins repairman to see what could be wrong.  This repairman has to come from Chesapeake which is about 1-2 hours away and will be here tomorrow.  We've been praying that it's not going to be too costly but whatever the verdict, repairs have to be made so we're at their mercy.

I continue to be amazed at the spectacular color nature has displayed here.  I drove to Williamsurg on Saturday by way of the Colonial Parkway and was in awe of the dogwood trees and azaleas along the 15 mile parkway.  Also, the bulbs in bloom take your breath away.  I bought a hyacinth plant for the boat and it's so gorgeous as well as fragrant.

This is Holy Week and Mike is going to church with me Thursday night for dinner and a service and I'll go with him Friday night for Good Friday services.  I suppose we'll each go to our own churches on Easter Sunday.  The folks here at the marina are having an Easter dinner that afternoon in the boater's lounge so I need to figure out what to contribute.

I'll get back with the diagnosis on the engine tomorrow or Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys,

    Well it must be luck that we are both having work done on our Heritage Easts. Want to trade mechanics bills. Had the Summer Wind hauled. Having the rudder/shaft pulled and taken for balance. No visible damage, but there was a definite shim in the boat.

    ReplyDelete